vietnamese lawsuit

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Just saw an interesting thread on that other slipper site...(the one that only occasionally allows me to post, after my postings have been proven to be clean enough for public consumption..and free of references to anything in the outside world.....)..Apparently there is a Vietnamese lawsuit, directed towards what must be Antec Labs, for selling vietnamense in the US without Vietnamese consent.....sounds ridiculous given that the USFW (at least...) had offerred to send back the original confiscated plants...with no response from Vietnam...Bob- do you have any updates on this? Take care, Eric

Heather said:
I read it too (yeah I know, I'm banned...but I am all powerful. Don't forget it.)
:rollhappy:

Anyway, I don't think they have a case. If Vietnam was offered the plants back and refused, then they have no grounds. Right?

In sounds like in the lawsuit letter they are claiming the USFW failed to contact all the necessary Vietnam agencies to correctly return the plants. They are asking for proof and written documents that all CITES rules were followed. If CITES was not followed by an involved party and proper paperwork was omitted then????????????

Geez...I wish the SOF would just ban me outright....any posts I've made (granted, only 2 or 3...) in the last 2 weeks have not been posted....despite their innocence...even though at least one was in response to a point I had made, and directed to me...I'm not even allowed to check my own profile! First no PM's....then a holding period before my posts would go up...now limbo? certainly makes me appreciate this place!! Then again, I was one of the kvetchers demanding that this forum be set up so that we wouldn't have to deal with the issues on "that" forum...., so I guess I got what I asked for....Take care, and a Happy New Year to everyone!!!! Eric

Nah....doesn't really matter....I usually just check the site once or twice a month...will do so even less now. Take care, Eric

I'm kind of curious, is a private company suing Antec Labs? If Antec was given the plants by a U.S. Govt. agency then I'm assuming that the suit would include the agency. Also if it was a CITES violation wouldn't the international organization have to contact the US agency, and this would not proceed as a legal suit?

Eric, this, or something like it appeared two or three years ago on some Vietnamese web site, this sounds pretty close to an exact repeat. We've never been contacted by anyone before or after this appeared the first time, contrary to the claims made by the author. Of course, since its on the internet how could it not be true :confused: Sorry to all the rubber neckers who were hoping for something more gory :sob:

Thank you, Eric, for giving me the chance to respond, as I can't over there. However it does appear IdahoOrchid is on the case over there if not here, and has discovered that we have a website, in spite of our efforts to keep it secret, and that we are doing nothing (I'd tell Lynn but she's been in the greenhouses all day).

Bob Wellenstein said:
Eric, this, or something like it appeared two or three years ago on some Vietnamese web site, this sounds pretty close to an exact repeat. We've never been contacted by anyone before or after this appeared the first time, contrary to the claims made by the author. Of course, since its on the internet how could it not be true :confused: Sorry to all the rubber neckers who were hoping for something more gory :sob:

Thank you, Eric, for giving me the chance to respond, as I can't over there. However it does appear IdahoOrchid is on the case over there if not here, and has discovered that we have a website, in spite of our efforts to keep it secret, and that we are doing nothing (I'd tell Lynn but she's been in the greenhouses all day).

I sort of wondered if this was an old story. It seemed a little out of date, considering all the legal viets that have been sold throughout the last two years... I'm really glad that you were able and wished to respond here, Bob. Thank you.