vietnamense x rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Frederick

Hello all,
This is my viet x roths. It is a first bloomer and a single-growth plant. One of the blooms dried off, the right petal is slightly damaged and the pouch is slightly off centre (I was away for three weeks and couldn't get it watered regularly). The colour on the pix is not 'quite' right--the veins are a bright peony red and the pouch is a light creamy colour with remarkable texture. No need to say--I love it.
Happy growing
Frederick

Thanks for posting. It looks similar to a Delrosi. I'd be happy with it too, especially as a first bloom.

Great looking plant! Can you tell us how big is the plant itself?

I have one that just pushed out two new growths. I hope it'll bloom soon! Yours is quite pretty!

viet x roths

Hello all,
Thanks for the compliments. The shape of the bloom resembles dele x roths but the colour is very different--a bright peony red. The leaf span is 42 cm and the flower is a little over 16 cm wide. It is a single growth plant which means it is much easier to bloom than Delrosi and does not take so long to mature. I hope somebody will cross it back with a very red roths soon--the new Gloria Naugle x roths are out of this world.
Thanks again
Frederick

Back