Viable pods?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had pollinated this niveum ‘Oriental Express’ x thaianum ‘Perfect Circle’ with a Paph. godefroyae on June 21st just for fun. I’ve been noticing the pods swelling overtime so I was curious if they might actually be viable?

Attachments

• B050D5B2-73E5-4A42-A085-F1C29D38FC45.jpeg
    B050D5B2-73E5-4A42-A085-F1C29D38FC45.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0
Possibly, but they won’t mature for many more months, and staying green is not a sure indication that they contain viable seed.

Orchids, by the way, have “capsules”, not “pods”, even if that’s the common usage…

Possibly, but they won’t mature for many more months, and staying green is not a sure indication that they contain viable seed.

Orchids, by the way, have “capsules”, not “pods”, even if that’s the common usage…
Noted! If these capsules last until maturity, I'd assume there is a lab I can send them to for germination, correct?

Finding good labs are a problem. I had album inti from a friend that the lab didn't get right, also some seed for a rare species that I'm still wondering about. Good luck.

Finding good labs are a problem. I had album inti from a friend that the lab didn't get right, also some seed for a rare species that I'm still wondering about. Good luck.
Well that sucks. I'd say I could try and do it myself, but then I'm fairly positive there'd be a significantly lower success rate lol

Latest posts

Back