Very, very sad news re: Eric Muehlbauer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I printed out this thread and gave it to the family to show all the support from our members around the world, they were very appreciative. They want to donate most of the collection to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, so I went through the collection and will catalog it within the next couple of days for them. The family only wants to keep 10-20 of the 100+/- plants. If the BBG is not interested, then I will help them move the plants.

Last edited:
Transatlantic and alpine hug to the family and friends.

Now, the forthcoming (I hope there will be one) Paph. Memoria Eric Muehlbauer should be stunning.

This is so tragic. I haven't been on the forum much this summer and with our computer upgrade at work, the forum doesn't work correctly. I missed this shocking and saddening news. Eric was a very knowledgeable active contributor to the forum I always enjoyed reading what he had to say. I will miss him.
I feel bad poking fun at some of his recents plant threads for being out of focus or wrong color balance when he was probably doing his best just posting:( I never meet Eric face to face but I hope to get a chance someday in that big greenhouse in the sky. Until then Eric.

I ran into Dave, the Head Orchid Curator at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens at judging last week and they will accept the plants. He is in contact with me and Mrs. Meuhlbauer, so hopefully this will be accomplished soon.

I ran into Dave, the Head Orchid Curator at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens at judging last week and they will accept the plants. He is in contact with me and Mrs. Meuhlbauer, so hopefully this will be accomplished soon.

Job well done!:clap:

Latest posts

Back