Very, very sad news re: Eric Muehlbauer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rip Eric!!!!

You told us these last months that you were seriously ill, sometimes only between the lines! Too bad you did not win this fight even if you were positive some times!! IMO, you will always be one of us, be it through the multitude of your very diverse and interesting posts!! Thanks a lot !!!!

Eric on the 3rd pic: => http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26165

Jean

I'd like to make a suggestion: the "Slipper Orchid Resource Center" section could be named after Eric's name as a small tribute to his contribution to this forum.

I didn't know Eric well, but our occasional online interactions go back to orchid message boards in the mid 1990s, perhaps even to AOL before it truly offered internet access. Nice guy, smart, as crazy about orchids as anyone. The Nature Conservancy is usually first on my list of charitable contributions anyway, and I'm not surprised to learn of Eric's support for it. I'm making an extra donation this weekend. I encourage others to do the same.

Yes most of us only know of him as a ST contributor, but years ago I also found his presence in more broad horticulture and natural history circles. He touched many.

I was saddened. No words can truly describe the loss. But he did leave us his words, his knowledge, a piece of himself. He left us 3800 posts here on Slipper Talk. The last being less than a month ago. I'm warmed that he shared his love of orchids with us.

Back