Very first TRUE paph/phrag hybrid!!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
Apparently kovachii is more unique than anyone expected, since pollinating it with pollen from paph. micranthum actually produced a viable seed pod!!! Piping Rock has confirmed that one of the seedlings bloomed yesterday and they have registered it as "Paphiopedium How Do You Like Them Apples Mr. Norton."
Just this morning Mr. Decker received a phone call from President Bush congratulating him on such a landmark hybrid and declaring it a "National Treasure" so that Canada can never get their hands on it. Seedlings will hopefully be available soon.... except in Canada.

i think it's been highly contentious since it was suggested. they said it was done prior to that too but seemed to turn out that the plant just selfed itself, so to speak. i dunno if there's been any conclusive testing or anything like that. Hey! anyone out enjoy testing dna and know how to get in touch with them?

oh. i didn't actually mean to infer that but i guess i pretty well said that...
no, big jerks made me give 'em some money. props to my pop's!

bwester said:
Many have claimed such a feat, but never with such defiance against "the man" ..... and Canada.

right on!!! we'll show those darn tootin' canadians yet....
i wonder what glen woulda said to georgie?

(you canadians know i'm kidding, right? some of my best friends are canadians. oh, wait, that's not really true, but i like kids in the hall and the red green show a lot. plus, the film board of canada really produces neat stuff...)

Latest posts

Back