Vendors near Rochester/Syracuse, NY?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadytrake

AOS, MOS member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm vacationing in the Fingerlakes area until next week. Any good orchid vendors within driving distance of Syracuse/Rochester, NY?

Cayuga

There is a vendor southeast of Ithaca on rt 79 called 'a new leaf' and tony liu whose family grows orchids mostly for wegmans; they are on 366 east of the cornell campus. Joe kunisch is also a few miles east of Marlow orchids, he is Bloomfield orchids. Also open by appointment or different hours is the lady on German cross road just off of rt 79 southeast of Ithaca (the hollow) who has the oncidium hybrids. Eric and I stopped there on a Saturday while checking out native orchids, but they weren't open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bloomfield is still active? That's a name I haven't encountered in years.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. We are actually near Seneca. I have an appt to see Glen at Piping Rock! I'm so excited!!

Ithaca isn't too far from where you are. There is another grower on the way to Glen's who grows African violets but also sells some orchids. I think the business name associated with it is Lynden Lyons, and it's just a little ways north of the ny state thruway a little ways west of deckers

You should stop at the Dinosaur Barbecue in Syracuse, and try some spiedies or hot chicken wings somewhere, and some chicken riggies in the Utica area

Definitely blew the budget but I got some goodies.

I highly recommend a visit if you are in the area (call first and make an appt).

Glenn is extremely nice and his greenhouses are well set up for viewing and shopping.

So here is what I picked up:

Paph Wossner Kolarmi - in bud (HUGE plant)
Paph Cam's Cloud
Paph malipoense - in bud (the big mottled in the pic.)
Paph Magic Lantern - in bud (just because I have always wanted one).
Phrag Eumelia Arias
Phrag Alfredo Manrique

On a side note, I highly recommend the Finger Lakes wine tastings. Here are the wineries that I thought were top notch.

On Keuka Lake:
Keuka Spring Vineyards

On Seneca Lake:
Standing Stone
Fulkerson
Hermann J. Wiemer
Shaw Vineyard

I had a fun vacation! FYI the Catt in the pic is a little red Jewel Box that I picked up from the Lowe's death table. Couldn't resist at 50% off. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back