vejvarutianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjorn

Reaction score
Do not know why this one has got status as species, to me it looks as if it is an oversized barbigerum. Well, also coccineum has that status, perhaps both should be lumped to varieties of barbigerum?
Vejvarutianum
upload a gif
With cocineum, note the vejvarutianum is twice as big - actually more of a difference that the picture shows.
upload img

If the flowers of vejvarutianum are twice as big as the flowers of coccineum, are the leaves twice as long too?

Not sure, but Prof. Braem's latest edition of Paphiopedilum just got published, so hit him up and get a copy. Sure it will give specifics in there!

Very nice. I think vejvarutianum is a coccineum variety. If I remember well- but maybe not- the most important difference was when it was described as distinct species is its thicker rhizome.

If the flowers of vejvarutianum are twice as big as the flowers of coccineum, are the leaves twice as long too?
The plant is rather diminutive, the leaves would go as a barbigerum. But this is a flaskling flowering the first time so size may change in future.

Back