Variety From Florida

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superb colors on the roseate spoonbills too
Are you using Apple?
My laptop(not Apple)- colors always look washed out.
Desktop(Dell Ultrasharp)- this is rigged up to printer, very happy with PP and the prints that come out.
My smartphone- spoonbills are oversatuated by a mile.
It is what it is.

I had no idea that cormorants had blue green around their eyes - I've never been close enough to see that!

I find that hard to believe:poke:

Everybody know my wife by now?

I tip well:)

Forget ROT here, FF.
Decent mugshot of cormorant.

One more spoonbill.

Thanks for looking:)

Are you using Apple?

Hey Clark, I do have a Mac mini, but the monitor is a 20" Acer that does a pretty good job with rendering colors.

Funny shots with the cormorant. In the old days Japanese fishermen used to use them to catch river fish. The bird is on a long leash and has a string around its throat so it can't swallow the fish. Once the bird has the fish, the fisherman simply pulls him to the boat and takes the fish. Sounds cruel, but the birds are cared for carefully and of course they are given some of the fish!

Tom, read about that years ago. Nothing cruel about it at all, imo.

Anyway, we were in Florida last month. The bobcats did not cooperate.
In general, the week had much less pop than previous trips.

A couple of otters my wife almost stepped on.

The family was one adult and at least two offspring, possibly three.
Not a care in the world.

Thanks for looking:)

Stunning photos, Clark. How did your wife get so close to that Cormorant? I always thought they were very wary of humans.

Stunning photos, Clark. How did your wife get so close to that Cormorant? I always thought they were very wary of humans.

Everywhere else, it seems the birds fly the coop when approached.
The Anhinga Trail is one of those places that one can get great looks at avian subjects.
We love the Everglades.

About those bobcats- last year, one of the litter got eaten by gator.
When we got down there, found out the mother got eaten about a month before we arrived. After that, the sightings of the remaining litter(2), became rare.
I'm a little pissed that we cancelled January's trip. The images that I have seen of the cats are killer.

Everywhere else, it seems the birds fly the coop when approached.
The Anhinga Trail is one of those places that one can get great looks at avian subjects.
We love the Everglades.

Yup, they are used to hoards of humans, tourists! You'd think that birds in Japan would be easy to approach base on that logic, but they aren't. Every time I see a heron in a river and get off my bike for a better look, it flies away.

Nice to see the otters doing there thing too. Florida is chock full of wildlife, but you have to look for it. Great shots as aways.

Fantastic pictures as always Clark!!!
Hi Christine!!!
More photos when available please :D

Clark, how is the noise reduced in the photos?

Time flies!
Thank you for the comments:)
Been enjoying the off topic section lately. Many great images and stories.

Thanasis- this digital noise issue is related to high ISO values for the most part. So when snapping shutter, use lowest ISO for task at hand.
Sensors make a difference. Might want to google full frame vs. crop sensor.
Crops are noisier. My camera is a crop sensor. ISO 3200 is ugly. Don't like going past ISO 800.

When all else fails, there is software. Adobe Photoshop, Noise Ninja, and the camera's manufacturer software.
It is done at the end of the workflow. Keep in mind, we have been shooting RAW files (not jpeg).

I had these images floating around, and thought I'd show. Sort of paltry.
The wood duck is not the only duck to perch and nest in trees.
The Black-bellied Whistling Duck was a common sight at Florida's wetlands.
They feed at night and are much easier to photograph than wood ducks.

Dendrocygna autumnalis

Talk about going out on a limb...

The Glossy Ibis has never been easy. This one posed for over five minutes like this.

I just like the funk in this one.

Thanks for looking :)

Clark, your fotos always make me smile, first because they are so skillfully done, second because they are technically flawless, and third because of the subject matter. I lived in Florida long enough to absorb the essence of that place and you bring me right back there every time. Thank you for that.

The shot with the ducks out on a limb is priceless.

Least I could do Tom. Vid #3 gave me altitude sickness.

Thanks.

Ha, ha. I live at sea level here in Japan and I was a little concerned about feeling sick during the trip, but it never happened. We spent days above 10,000 with no serious side effects - an occasional headache now and then. Of course moving fast was difficult except in short bursts.