Vandachostylis Pinky

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
Vandachostylis Pinky (V. falcata x Rhy. gigantea)
syn Neost Pinky (v. falcata X Rhy gigantea)

This is one of my favorite. Flowers on this plant look more like Rhy gigantea than V. falcata. I don't like to water this plant everyday - and use a plastic pot to try to keep the roots inside. First year this is working well - but as this plant grows larger I will have to revise how to keep it happy. Roots are growing out of pot.

7b173a59a4d5090f5ccfd1c60a25e128.jpg

c5cf039760145fd3bb13d1ce7f0815de.jpg

4296fd772af0e0a28668f5116f99cd4b.jpg

5c4a36bb414cc36fd1c6c8a0d5223fc6.jpg

ad5205dd970172f81345721c88ac5470.jpg

Lovely plant Mr Lin! Your Neostylus "Pinky" is a very dark but lovely flower! Most of the plants I have seen are pink and variegated instead of this mauve solid color.

I have a couple of these plants. They are both in net pots with chunky bark and charcoal--very loose to provide some humidity. The roots are all hanging out of the pot.

Beautiful color! I'd put that one in a basket and let the
roots go wild. I bet this one would grow well in long fibered coco packed fairly tight, but you'd probably have
to water it every day or every other day.

That is great!!!
As someone mentioned, the flower shape really takes after the Rhyncostylis on this clone.
I hope mine turns out this way.
I got lazy with watering and the emerging spike dried up.
Next season.

I have both dark variety and the more common one, a famous mericlone, 'Starry Night' which is white with magenta spots.
The flower shape on that clone is more like neo.

Nice color. If a basket didn't work you could almost try a two pot method; small plastic with most of roots then a wide one with very loose media for other roots if needed

Elmer Nj

Latest posts

Back