Vandachostlylis Lou Sneary

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can almost smell it!
Beautiful flowers!!!

Is this seed grown?
I think the flower shape is different than the common mericloned Blue Bird?

I am raising a bunch of seedlings from a flask. So far, they have been very slow, but I hope to keep all of them and see some nice ones in bloom down the road. :)

Very pretty! My 'Bluebird' clone is currently in spike about ready to bloom again.

I can almost smell it!
Beautiful flowers!!!

Is this seed grown?
I think the flower shape is different than the common mericloned Blue Bird?

I am raising a bunch of seedlings from a flask. So far, they have been very slow, but I hope to keep all of them and see some nice ones in bloom down the road. :)

You are right, shape is different. In fact it is not 'Bluebird'. Yes, as you asked, I bought it as a seedling. The cross is Neof. falcata 'Koukakuden' x Rhy. coelestis 'CH Blue', wich was very easy to find a few years ago. It is much easier to bloom than my Lou Sneary 'Bluebird' whose buds blast so easily. But the flowers of 'Bluebird' are larger and darker.

Any problem of bud blast with your 'Bluebird' ?

No, fortunately I haven't had any problems with bud blast.

I'm curious: Do you find the fragrance of the flowers on this plant to be any different, better or less than those produced by 'Bluebird' ?

You are right, shape is different. In fact it is not 'Bluebird'. Yes, as you asked, I bought it as a seedling. The cross is Neof. falcata 'Koukakuden' x Rhy. coelestis 'CH Blue', wich was very easy to find a few years ago. It is much easier to bloom than my Lou Sneary 'Bluebird' whose buds blast so easily. But the flowers of 'Bluebird' are larger and darker.

I see Bluebird clones offered on a regular basis. Mericlone thing I guess.
It's cute but the blue tinge on the petal tips are actually lighter than yours. At least on the ones I had.
I buy them in bloom to enjoy the fragrance and toss.
Kind of like NOIS phals.

The main problem I had with that clone was that they often had leaf rot issue.
I was wondering if they were virused.

Then one day, I found a small flask of remake, and I've been patiently raising them. Neos and neo primary seedlings from flask so far have been the slowest things ever! Gosh! I hope to keep them all and bloom them out.

I see Bluebird clones offered on a regular basis. Mericlone thing I guess.
It's cute but the blue tinge on the petal tips are actually lighter than yours. At least on the ones I had.
I buy them in bloom to enjoy the fragrance and toss.
Kind of like NOIS phals.

The main problem I had with that clone was that they often had leaf rot issue.
I was wondering if they were virused.

Then one day, I found a small flask of remake, and I've been patiently raising them. Neos and neo primary seedlings from flask so far have been the slowest things ever! Gosh! I hope to keep them all and bloom them out.

Under my growing conditions, 'Bluebird' is really much darker than the one on the post. But maybe my plants are grown in cooler tempertures than yours?

Lovely!
I think mine used to bloom around late fall-winter, then I have bought this in bud at other seasons, so I guess they bloom just about whenever.

The color looked like this.

Back