Vanda tricolor 'Michael Collin' FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trdyl

Reaction score
The anticipation is finally over. After a little over 2 years of growing this keiki, the first flower popped open this morning. It has a NS of 3 inches. I am very pleased to say the least.

Vanda tricolor flower small.jpg

Vanda tricolor full small.jpg

Thank you all for your comments!

Congrats!! Splendid!!

I have a tricolor v. suavis, it hasn't bloom so far.

I am sure it will bloom for you eventually. They do enjoy lots of light, water and fertilizer. I have very low humidity but if you water enough low humidity is not an issue.

That is so nice!
Ruth

Thanks Ruth. After blooming this one out I have no fear of Vandas anymore. Now if only my Phrags will do as well.....

In Idaho!? :eek:

Yep! Is that sooo suprizing? I've been growing this one by a large south facing glass door at my home.

I like yur vanda, nice blooms - healthy plant, I can't grow them they are too big :-( someday I'm gonna get me a greenhouse!!! Lol..

I like yur vanda, nice blooms - healthy plant, I can't grow them they are too big :-( someday I'm gonna get me a greenhouse!!! Lol..

I know what you mean. Many Vandas do get quite large fortunately I have a spot that I can handle a few.

Looks nice, and they smell nice too.

Hopefully that will develope soon for mine.

Just standing up for a fellow Idahoan. We grow a few orchids!!!:poke:

:)

That's a gorgeous one. Best color I've seen.

Dot, When it that "little" keiki came available I just could not pass it up. It wasn't cheap by any means, but it was a must have for me. My thoughts now are it is even more beautiful than I had imagined from the photos I was able to dig up at the time.

Wow, that really is outstanding. The best colour and shape by far I've seen for the species. That FCC makes sense to me. Congrats!

Back