Vanda Sansai Blue 'Meechai' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jmoney

I find it's not easy to bloom vandas on the windowsill--but it is possible if you summer them outdoors. of course when I tried to summer this one the crown rotted and now I have to wait for a small keiki to grow up.

V.%20Sansai%20Blue%20'Meechai'%20AM-AOS%20(1).JPG

V.%20Sansai%20Blue%20'Meechai'%20AM-AOS%20(2).JPG

Beautiful Jason!!! I was given a sdlng which is about the sz of a 50cent piece so you know it will never bloom in my lifetime (70yrs now):D Hasn't grown one iota since I got it last year.

Do you still have the whole plant Jason? Lop off the top & then leave the mother plant for a few months & she should send out a new plant or 2 at the top that you can snip off later when you have a nice root system on the new growths.

Jane, it's been working on a basal keiki for the past couple years, right after the crown rotted. I have to say it's going nowhere quickly, despite decent roots on the main plant (probably because on the windowsill here the darn thing is completely dormant for 6 months of the year). if I get a bunch of nice keikis though, well I know where to send them!

Back