Vanda 'Princess Mikasa' (Ascocenda 'Princess Mikasa)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought this plant many years ago I bought it as Ascocenda because in those times Ascocentrum was a genera of its own. Later most Ascocentrums became part of the Vanda genera by DNA analysis.
Vanda 'Princess Mikasa' is an multihybrid and seems to be very common in culture though I've seen it here not before. I've grown my plant since many years and its a reliable bloomer which flowers at least annually. Beside this blue-coloured type I've also grown a red-coloured one.
Everytime it's flowering I'm impressed by its deep blue colour which reminds me on blue-velvet. But enjoy of your own.

07805_21.10.26_ascocenda Princess Mikasa.jpg

Excellent photo of this lovely hybrid. I grow this as well, although I tend not to care for it as well as yours has been. I also have Ascoc. (Vanda) Su-fun Beauty, a smaller orange cross that blooms reliably for me several times/year with a higher flower count than the Princess Mikasa.

I have grown the “Rasberry” coloured one! Absolutely Gorgeous! It was lost during a serious Hail Storm (it was spending the summer outside) hail was the size of a baseball! Smashed quite a few of my plants! Leery of putting plants out now!

I have grown the “Rasberry” coloured one! Absolutely Gorgeous! It was lost during a serious Hail Storm (it was spending the summer outside) hail was the size of a baseball! Smashed quite a few of my plants! Leery of putting plants out now!

Sorry to read this. But yes the red or raspberry coloured one is just as well a beautiful sight when flowering.

My absolute favourite! It will always mean acocentrum to me though I know that “name no longer exists

Back