Vanda (Neofinetia) falcata Jitsugekkou (日月光)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I'm not completely sure the meaning of the variety name, Jitsugekkou, but the Chinese characters correspond to "sun, moon, light". This type of variegation (small spot tiger-variegation) is a bit "spooky" for people who are not familiar with this variety since it looks sickly. Amanogawa (天の川, Milky Way) shows similar pattern. When you see the variegation in back light, the variegation looks like stars. It has Ao-jiku (green stem) and Ao-ne (green root tip). Mine shows a bit yellowish variegation (supposed to be white), but I think it becomes whiter in the summer. The leaves are curved down. This is an unregistered variety. Several photos of this variety show quite curled spur, but mine is pretty stretched out. I heard that there are seed-propagated plants of this variety, so mine is probably one of them. didn't take photos in time, so some flowers are wilting. I noticed that it has slightly different fragrance, but this might be due to the age of flowers. Mine is from Seed Engei.DSC_7075.jpg

Back