Vanda (Mahakkaphongs x Dr. Anek FCC/AOS 4n)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, looks like it blooms early for such a small size.
Except the renanthera, I gave away most of my vanda/ascocenda because it takes so long for them to flower.

What a fantastic vanda picture to welcome in a beautiful spring morning. Yes, spring seems to have arrived in Michigan....finally. I am always amazed at the number of vanda crosses, and the long difficult to pronounce names they are given.

I see you have it in Hydroton. How do you keep them from falling out? I have tried using spag but when it dries the spag tends to fall out.

I am having a love affair with vandas again, after losing most of mine to a wind storm two years ago.

:clap::clap::clap:BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

What a fantastic vanda picture to welcome in a beautiful spring morning. Yes, spring seems to have arrived in Michigan....finally.
You spoke too soon!! 5-7" of snow expected on Good Friday in my area, which usually means you're getting it a couple of hours later. Oh yuck!

That is a gorgeous color!

Grandma, don't get too excited about Spring yet. Big snowstorm predicted for tomorrow. Hope they are wrong...

I see you have it in Hydroton. How do you keep them from falling out? I have tried using spag but when it dries the spag tends to fall out.

I line the slat basket with sphag. Not sure what to tell you, except that it does tend to work for me. Maybe you could try coconut fiber –*like that weird coir stuff?

I have some Vanda in hydroton/sphag, like this one, one bare-root – my V. lamellata – and one with a basket full of large bark chips. They're all pretty happy, and I treat them all the same way.

Sue

I place lava rock chunks in my baskets to hold the plants in place and it does help to hold the moisture somewhat. On one small plant I did tuck a bit of spag among the lava rocks.

I just ordered the special from RF Orchids, 10 seedlings for $49.95. I'm sure they will be too small to use lava rock so I will need to think of something else. I'm debating over using Hydroton is small mesh pots.

Latest posts

Back