Vanda javierae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A vary different and interesting shaped lip I like it much more then the typical V.coerulea type hybrid with the scrunched up little lip.
Patrick

Beautiful plant, looks like you had it for a while? The flower reminds me of some papilionanthe, I guess the taxonomists were scratching their heads on this one 😂

Really nice plant. I think it might actually be vanda barnesii rather than javierae which differs in the side lobe color and lip shape. They are very closely related and from near each other in the Philippines. My barnesii’s are blooming now.

Really nice plant. I think it might actually be vanda barnesii rather than javierae which differs in the side lobe color and lip shape. They are very closely related and from near each other in the Philippines. My barnesii’s are blooming now.
Never heard of It, always something to learn!
Show a pic of yours to compare.

Beautiful plant, looks like you had it for a while? The flower reminds me of some papilionanthe, I guess the taxonomists were scratching their heads on this one 😂
I got It as a seedling on may 2018

Beautiful V. barnesii!!

V. barnesii has a dorsal sepal that folds back (like yours), and the side-lobes of the lip extend above the column (also like yours). Very close cousin to V. javierae, but yours is without-a-doubt V. barnesii. I've grown both, and learned to tell the difference.

Beautiful V. barnesii!!

V. barnesii has a dorsal sepal that folds back (like yours), and the side-lobes of the lip extend above the column (also like yours). Very close cousin to V. javierae, but yours is without-a-doubt V. barnesii. I've grown both, and learned to tell the difference.
Thanks for clarification.

Latest posts

Back