Valid species or not?????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Next:
intaniae (dianthum X phil ???), parnatatum, sugiyamanum????
Has anyone heard about something info?????
Many thanks in advance!

All the 3 species are valid species.
All this species have been reproduced.
P.intanniae is probably the difficult to find one.
In taiwan there are genuine seedlings of this 3 species but also fake ones.
P.parnatanum is also available in Europe...the other 2...few of them around.

Thank Alex, I have all of them, but I heard and read descriptions and discussions about them and many of said that these are invalid species.
(some said that sugiyamanum and parnatatum are not only hybrid but ARTEFICIAL(!!!) hybrid and "original" descriptions of them are just lies.)

About P.parnatanum I have not many infos so I cannot be really shure about the origin...but I have seen many plants flowering that are selfing and are all really same so....
About P.sugiyamanum I have seen the plants in the wild on Mt.kinabalu area...so....Also there are 2 different colonies.One bigger and one smaller...little different but + or - same...I'm 100% shure is a species also because we sibbed it,produced in malaysia and flowered seedlings...all same...so genuine specie.
About P. intanniae...all plants around in the last years were evidently wild collected plants.I've seen personally some plants in flower in Indonesia and were really wild things...big multigrowth plants(so veery old ) in flower but terrible conditions...shurly dead after few months...I'va also seen flasks from taiwan and the plant is really easy to identifie if you have seen once an adult one...the leaves are different from all other species...also that one I am 100% shure is a valid one.Also looking at the flower there are no characteristics of other Paphs inside(no dianthum,no philippinense...is probably more near to supardii and gigantifolium).

Latest posts

Back