V. Robert's Delight 'Garnet Beauty' AM/AOS - FCC/AOS- SAOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteM

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A mericlone purchased from RF orchids March 2021. It bloomed not long after I received it and I noticed then that the petals were not opened as flat as one would expect. Seems to have happened again. I don’t have this same issue with other vandas.. my thoughts are that not all orchids are same, even if they are a mericlone. c’est la vie!

I’ve successfully killed this plant before when first starting out with vandas in a different growing environment. I just could not keep the temps warm enough.

These large dinner plate blooms still warm the heart, especially this time of year. Cuz baby, … it’s cold outside. Happy to have her back in the collection.

enjoy.

84E72F0D-3096-476C-BB3F-92FCD3611871.jpeg1317B122-0C07-4E23-904E-14DCD18E9DDB.jpeg5F442956-125D-4461-A8C2-C42385F621D5.jpeg6634A7CA-A2C6-4796-A899-F41CE184B06C.jpeg

I love RF Orchids Vandas! In MN it is Hard to keep them happy in the winter! Considering I have Phrag Kovachii Primary Hybrids in the Kitchen, I can’t raise my heat too high! As is, it is a struggle keeping them (The Phrags) cool in the Summer! So each type has a season which is an issue! I was told that Vandas hate wet feet but love high humidity! I believe lots of misting should raise the humidity or sitting over a tray of water might help. My Phrags LOVE/Require wet feet! I would avoid misting the Vanda’s blooms though! I was also told to put them in a fast draining media (RF Orchids usually send Vandas bare root) I Was told media would help them retain humidity (of course humidity trays were also discussed.)

Latest posts

Back