Using Humic in Paphs.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperPaph

Reaction score
Friends
I have a small quantity of Humic/Fulvic acid (12% / 3%) and would like to use it in my Paphs. In label it is sugested to use one liter/hectare, but Paphs are in pots, and would like to dilute it in water. Could anybody explain me which could be the proportions of this concentrated Acids for one gallon of water, please?
Alex.

Last edited:
Well, a hectare is 10000 square meters, so a liter per hectare would be 0.1 ml/square meter, and the pot surface in square meters would be 3.14159 x radius (in meters) squared.

However, that seems to me to be so little, why bother?

Many years ago, I tried a regular treatment with humic acid (fulvic is simply a shorter-chain organic polymer, but is quite similar) @ roughly 1.5 ml/L and saw no benefit.

roughly 1.5 ml/L and saw no benefit.
Thank you Ray very much.
And then, which proportion do you sugest to me I could add in one gallon of water, considering liquid humic acid I do have is at 15 %, please?.

I don't have much faith in humates to do much of anything, and I have no idea what my concentration was, but 1.5ml/L would be 1.5 x 3.785 = 5.68 ml/gal - or about a teaspoon.

I don't have much faith in humates to do much of anything, and I have no idea what my concentration was, but 1.5ml/L would be 1.5 x 3.785 = 5.68 ml/gal - or about a teaspoon.
Thank you Ray one more time. I´ll try and let in this forum to know my experience.

Latest posts

Back