Uploading Photos on Slippertalk

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asking for assistance please

Members, once again some very nice pics are being posted BUT they are getting to the HUGE size again which makes it darn hard to appreciate the flower. How about down sizing PLEASE......

Members, once again some very nice pics are being posted BUT they are getting to the HUGE size again which makes it darn hard to appreciate the flower. How about down sizing PLEASE......
Please don't make a general statement like that -- maybe everyone will think you are talking to them. Why not contact the specific posters personally?

It really has gotten harder to post with imageshack...it used to be that the option to select the proper size popped up immediately. That doesn't happen anymore. You basically have the choice of full size, or a thumbnail. When I click the resize button, I just waste a lot of time while my pic gets reloaded at full size.....Take care, Eric

It really has gotten harder to post with imageshack...it used to be that the option to select the proper size popped up immediately. That doesn't happen anymore. You basically have the choice of full size, or a thumbnail. When I click the resize button, I just waste a lot of time while my pic gets reloaded at full size.....Take care, Eric

I've been using photobucket without any issues.

Not everyone likes to use photobucket or has the time to go from their software to photobucket. For me, imageshack is just much easier as I don't have the time, so, please just deal with it, if you want photos. We aren't using up that much of our server's bandwidth, we're pretty small compared to others. I realize some people still are on dial-up but...we can't please everyone all the time.

I haven't tried posting pics yet, but one thing I am a bit concerned about is people stealing the pics. Is there any way around this? Can you block a person from being able to click on a picture, thus not be able to take it? I've seen this on other sites, bit have no idea how it works. Or, the other option is to have a members-only site, which I don't think anyone wants.

I have no idea how those other sites work (the one's that keep you from being able to copy it.)
It's in the coding of the site. There are several ways to disable "right clicking" and copying photos harder. But, as with anything, there are ways around it and if someone wants to take something they will. There are photo tracking services available (for a fee) that professional photographers use. You could look into those services. Watermarks are the easiest and most popular way to discourage photo theft. But, again, anyone who wants to bad enough can remove most watermarks through software or cropping of photos.

I'm going to post pic here. Is this the right size? thanks
redbaroness1.jpg

sorry I should of put a pic of my dog. I was just tring to do a test pic to get the size. I posted another pic on a thread and they were to big. My err. I think I have it now. thanks I will post this pic in the right place

McPaph that size is fine - I was understanding that to be a test pic! You wouldn't be the first to post a pic in the wrong section, moderators can move them, it's no big deal.

Since this will doubtlessly be a highly visible thread, I am posting a message that I will post under Paphs too - The Slipper Orchid Alliance needs photos for the next issue of the newsletter, which will be used to illustrate an article by Helmut Rohrl. I am specifically searching for high quailty images of the following images of species from the Coryopedilum section of Paphiopedilum: platyphyllum, randsii, gigantifolium, ooii, and intaniae. Please submit ONLY photos that you took yourself or clearly own the copyright. High resolution and large images preferred. Copyright credit and attribution will accompany all images in the newsletter and on the gallery images on the website. Images can be sent to: [email protected]

OK...my computer died. So I'm using my wife's Macbook...planning to (hopefully) replace my dead PC with a Mac...so far its easy to use, but how can I post pics on a Mac? Using Imageshack the way I always did with my PC gets me nowhere.....Take care, Eric

If you use iPhoto on the Mac, you have an automatic export link to Flikr that works nicely. You can then just post the link to the Flikr image when you post. Doesn't take up server space for the forum.

Eric, I post photos occasionally on Imageshack via my Mac, though usually I use my own server for hosting photos. I don't know why you'd be having problems. You just click on the browse button to find the photo on your system and upload.

Latest posts

Back