updated pic of kovachii X Cape Sunset

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
This one I have at home about 12" back from a southern window and over the kitchen sink. I have kept it in Sphag it remains in a 2" pot. If I take the curves out of the leaves it would measure 10" spread. It continues to grow steadily but will see now that the days are becoming shorter. I was looking for my last posting of this but can't seem to find the thread. I believe I had a 6" ruler then but wanted to check the date of that posting. So, if you know where to find it, please let me know. TIA

KPxCS.jpg

Update, the longest leaf on my kovachii X Cape Sunset is now 8 inches...it is liking the cooler weather. So far it has been the fastest growing of the four hybrids that I have. The Saint Ouen cross seems to be the second fastest growing. Cape Sunset on left, Saint Ouen on right :party: Time will only tell what the quality and form of these flowers will be. The Saint Ouen has leaf presentation more like kovachii than the Cape Sunset cross does. Curious what that will mean :confused: I have increased the light for the winter. They are now about a foot back from the southern exposure in my greenhouse window over the kitchen sink.
kovseedlings1128.jpg

2 month update. The Cape Sunset and the Saint ouen has grown another 2" in leaf span in the last 2 months. At this rate, I hope to see buds by this time next year, woohoo !! I can't say I have seen this growth rate on the Walter Schomburg and Living Fire 4N cross. :mad: but they are growing slowly. The species has hardly budged. If I would flatten the leaves a bit, Cape Sunset would measure a 12" leaf span and 10 " on the Saint Ouen. There is a new leaf started on both.

This is the Saint Ouen cross
SOXKP1-17-07.jpg

and the Cape Sunset Cross
CSXPK.jpg

How exciting! Ron, can you put me down for the 1st division of the Cape Sunset in 2012? I know you would really want me to have it. :poke:

Cinderella said:
How exciting! Ron, can you put me down for the 1st division of the Cape Sunset in 2012? I know you would really want me to have it. :poke:
sure you don't want to see the flower quality first Debbie :poke: :rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back