Unwanted visitor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
I have been after this visitor for some time. He was living under the ramp outside the back door. Just happened to have the long handled shovel handy.

Its a 5 foot brown snake, in the top 3 or 4 most deadly snakes in the world.

index_001-16.jpg

I know we gave Gilda (I think it was Gilda?) a hard time about killing a harmless garter snake, but there are allot of deadly snakes in Australia, and they often have regular daily moving patterns.

I think in this case it is best to dispatch the harmful guys when they end up close to someones home.

I used to work in the herpetarium in OK city and relocated rattlesnakes and copperheads for myself and others, but I wouldn't recommend that people not used to handling snakes try to catch and relocate venomous snakes. (May Steve Erwin rest in peace!)

I know we gave Gilda (I think it was Gilda?) a hard time about killing a harmless garter snake, but there are allot of deadly snakes in Australia, and they often have regular daily moving patterns.
I think in this case it is best to dispatch the harmful guys when they end up close to someones home.
I used to work in the herpetarium in OK city and relocated rattlesnakes and copperheads for myself and others, but I wouldn't recommend that people not used to handling snakes try to catch and relocate venomous snakes. (May Steve Erwin rest in peace!)

:( kill a harmless garter snake? :( why ?
:D kill this guy :D :clap:
I'd leave it to the pros!

Of all the animals I've et, rabbit is the most overrated. I had a friend visit and his girlfriend was grossed-out at eating duck. I told her to remember that "everything is food" and if the duck was hungry and came across her body it would eat her with relish!

In some parts of the world humans dry snakes out of their blood and drink even the last drop of it, so that they can "gain strength". Later they cook it (barbeque) and eat it...!!!:evil::evil:

Back