Quantcast

Unusual Paph Angel Hair flower shape

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Michael Bonda

Reaction score
My Angel Hair (St. Swithin ‘Jumbo Jamboree’ AM/AOS x sanderanium ‘Sam Tsui’ AM/AOS) petals are not very twisted, long or hanging downward.
I have 1 more of this hybrid and one other Angel Hair that are not in spike. Maybe they will have a more classic flower shape.
1609173253755.jpeg

Attachments

Michael Bonda

Reaction score
Sorry about the Charlesworthii photo attachment photo. That was a different thread.

emydura

Reaction score
Yes, that is a different Angel Hair. Once you start getting into secondary and more complex multi-florals, the amount of variation you can get is incredible. It becomes a lucky dip. It is good you have a few clones then, gives you a greater chance of getting something you like.

richgarrison

Reaction score
love the color on that!!!! look forward to another photo when both flowers are fully open...

masaccio

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I have that cross as well. Recently purchased and haven't seen it bloom yet. Very cool to see an example, and I like it. Congrats. It's a lovely cross - with even better to come ?

Michael Bonda

Reaction score
I have that cross as well. Recently purchased and haven't seen it bloom yet. Very cool to see an example, and I like it. Congrats. It's a lovely cross - with even better to come ?
Here’s the shape of the second flower:
1610208672438.jpeg

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
This inconsistency of the petal carriage is disappointing indeed. Too bad the second flower didn't spread open like the first.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Though it isn't what you'd expected to be a classic P. Angel Hair....nevertheless these are nice flowers.

Latest posts