Unregistered primary hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramadayapati

Reaction score
Hi all
I got this hybrid from a local breeder in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia and found its havent been named yet. Well, the vegetative part is enormously huge in size and pretty ugly but i like the flower soft tone color also the sequential flower inherited from the female parent. Unfortunately the flower stalk is very short compare to the leafspan so its usually hidden underneath the new shoots :(

Paph. (liemianum "mottled leaf" x villosum)
480735_10151394008008843_1886426177_n.jpg

I might consider to do a registration proses if the breeder allows me to, any recommendation's for the name? ;)

I love it... Such an interesting hybrid and direction of breeding. If the flower is as large as villosum, this could prove beneficial to those in warmer climates. Coupled with sequential blooming.. :)

Thanks, The flower size is slightly smaller than villosum but we do need still to through some selection process. I've been working a lot with cochlos by crossing them with another cool growing species like parvis and barbatas to accommodate local orchid enthusiasts who are living in lowland - hot tropical climate in South East Asia. Just cant wait to see the outcome in several years. :)

Congratulations! Yet, there are nicer primary hybrids out they're...

I thought this hybrid had already been registered in the 19th century as Madiotianum.

Congratulations! Yet, there are nicer primary hybrids out they're...

I thought this hybrid had already been registered in the 19th century as Madiotianum.

Paph. Madiotianum is primary hybrid between :
Paph. chamberlainianum x Paph. villosum ( Cappe 1898)

Meanwhile the breeder was using Paph. liemianum

Cheers

Latest posts

Back