Unknown...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cdub

This was the first paphiopedilum I came to own. It was a rootless division from a friend 3 years ago. This is its first flowering for me. The mother plant didn't have a tag so I'm clueless to the cross. But I like it. Anyone have one that looks like it? Flower width is 10.75 cm. My indoor lighting brings out more of the red. The flower is actually more on the brown side in ambient sunlight. Enjoy.

paphio1wl2.jpg

paphio2zl1.jpg

paphio3wp1.jpg

paphio4yc6.jpg

OOOO ....I like that one too! Definitely seems to have some spicerianum in it.

I think it looks pretty good Chris.

Rose, to be honest, I don't see a bit of spicerianum in it, but I do see either villosum or insigne, maybe both.

I think it looks pretty good Chris.

Rose, to be honest, I don't see a bit of spicerianum in it, but I do see either villosum or insigne, maybe both.
This is my Hamana Albans (spicerianum x Kay Rinaman), I got lots of comments ....... looks like spice on steriods, etc. The dorsals are so similar but others from that same group could produce that dorsal as well.

Thanks for the comments. Even if spicerianum is in its past parentage, the color of the dorsal is obviously influenced by another species. The dorsal on the flower doesn't have that signature spicerianum "flare" to it.

Latest posts

Back