Unknown Phrag

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Well, this one's a mystery. I got it as Phrag. besseae ('Carolina Moon' x self as best as I can tell) and it is obviously a flava besseae hybrid. No clue what one...the list is waaaaay to long to guess. The colors are much more intense than most flava crosses I've had...so I'm not complaining.

cad6.jpg

cad5.jpg

Can anyone tell what the tag says? I'm only guessing Carolina Moon since that sounds familiar.

Jon
________
Nevada Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited:
very cool, the colors are so vibrant! Looks like an Eric Young to me, although i doubt there's any way (short of a karyological analysis) to tell what it really is.

--Stephen

Looking at the RHS web site for some possibilities doesn't reveal much. It could be Phrag Caroline Miller Ott which may well have produced a flower like the one pictured. The flower looks nice by the way -

Cheers
Stephan

Stephan said:
Looking at the RHS web site for some possibilities doesn't reveal much. It could be Phrag Caroline Miller Ott which may well have produced a flower like the one pictured. The flower looks nice by the way -

Cheers
Stephan
Phrag. Caroline Miller Ott is a Fox Valley hybrid. Perhaps Tom could weigh in on this one...

My sense, though is that vittatum would influence it to have longer petals and perhaps not so bright a yellow. But I could very well be wrong.

Latest posts

Back