Unknown Phrag

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Sorry for the blurred pic. Crowds aren't great for taking pics in.
The color is actually much, much darker than pic, its about 60mm or 2 1/2 inches across and its up to flower 8 or 9 on the spike.
Is named Phrag Rosy Dawn. Rosy Dawn is a Paph and I can't find that name in a Phrag. Help please with a name if possible.
index_001_001-2.jpg

I was thinking the same thing; either Rosalie Dixler, Andean Fire or M. D. Clements. A forth possibility is Phrag. Elizabeth Castle (From the picture it looks more magenta red as the first three possibilities are more orange red in color).

Robert

Unfortunately, with so many phrags available that look like this one, it's impossible to know for sure.

I was going for Rosalie Dixler because it is conceivable that somebody could have converted that name to Rosy Dawn. Phrag R.D., oh, it was Rose something... what can I remember, Rosy Dawn, that's it... Sure.

Never abbreviate names on tags...

I have an unidentified phrag in my collection so I'm redoing my list, all 150 besseae hybrids! It could be Rosy Charm ( Mem. Dick Clemens x sclimii). Why not contact the vendor?

I'm with Eric on this one! It definitely has a strong MDC influence, if it's Rosy something, Charm is it! Remember color can vary due to the temps.

Thanks all for your help. The vendor doesn't know what it is. It was in a batch he bought with that label on it.
The general thought is that it could be either a Rosalie Dixler, MD Clements or Andean Fire...Looking at the pics I can find of all, this is the closest.

Its not my plant actually, it belongs to a friend. The flower isn't the best but the depth of color which doesn't show here is magic. I thought it might be good in breeding to help impart that color. The problem is that I hate seeing plants exhibited or own plants with the wrong name on them.

I'd keep trying to ID it. There may be other info on the tag, ID number, grower, etc. It doesnt look like Mem. Dick Clemens, color is off. If it's Elizabeth Castle inside shape of pouch is strange.

Latest posts

Back