unknown paph...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
i bought this about 7 or 8 months ago. it was unidentified.. comparing it to Orchidnorth (Barbara's) paph amabile, i think it could be amabile but the plant is not small.. the pot is about 4 inches for size reference..help greatly appreciated..
whole plant:
IMG_0859.jpg

older leaf:
IMG_0865.jpg

new leaf:
IMG_0866.jpg

Doesn't look like Paph amabile to me; at least, not like the ones that I grow. The texture of the leaves looks a little bit cloth-like, though it's hard to tell while it's wet.... that would lead me to believe Paph. lawrenceanum, and the color is about right. Also looks like some Paph dayanums that I've seen.

It's always a bit hard to tell with that section, though... from the leaves alone.

- Matt

I have a P. amabile that looks not too dissimilar, Ill try to post a pic later. However, I've also seen amabile with leaves that are very different almost white and green mottling.
This section of paphs is a nightmare ... and at least in some of these species the leaves do vary a lot ... i think you're going to have to be patient and wait for flowers.
Cheers,
Tim

Back