United airlines stock

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hien

Reaction score
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/un...illion-off-the-airlines-market-cap-2017-04-11
What troubles me is United airlines' behaviour, they apologize at first , then change their tune the second time by demonizing the customer , then when they see how the stock went south they go back to apologize .
They did not see what is wrong with over book to full capacity , then kick off 4 customers .
What happens now is that there seems to be a campaign to pull out all the dirt from the customer's trouble past, his bad past is on every media outlet now .
Why would someone's past deed has anything to do with the company bad business practices which treat customers like dirt and would justifies the company's own bad behaviour .
It seems that there is an effort to destroy any sympathy to the victim with broadcasting his past sins in order to gain back shares' price here .

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/opinions/david-daos-united-nightmare-could-be-yours/

More typical US BS.

I think because basically other peoples felt that they were lucky not being chosen among the four so they didn't do anything .
Had all the customers stood up and walked off the plane , demanded their money back , used other airlines , it would be big news, and this airline would really learn a lesson , not faked "sorryness" .
When you stand by your fellow passengers , the corporation will have to treat everyone better . They do it to someone today , they can do it to someone else tomorrow .
The sad thing is when the media spread his checkered past, someone profits from this smear campaign (granted he committed these deeds), his family will be dragged thru the mud with him, his wife and his 4 children are all doctors or going thru medical school now , I am sure their practices will be affected, their patients will look at them differently .

I hope the good doctor finds the best attorney available
and sues the bejesus out of United for such treatment. He
will win and perhaps retire with all his children's education
paid for.

To me the most horrific part of the scene was the other
passengers who made no attempt to help him.

I will NEVER, EVER fly on United....period....not even if I got a ticket for free. My principals are much more valuable to me than that. The only way this could've been worse is if United had sent someone down the aisleway with a pistol to randomly shoot 4 people and drag their bodies down the aisle and out of the plane with a meat hook.

I think all businesses from small Mom and Pop companies to multinational corporations should all stop using United, or risk having their company brand tainted by being seen to be in support of United. I hope United sinks like a stone and goes bankrupt and the C.E.O.'s life is ruined.

So, United decided at the last minute that they wanted 4 of their own employees to be on that plane, which they'd overbooked and had already boarded ALL the passengers. Well, too bad. 'Shoulda planned things better. If a mechanical fault had been found, that plane and all the passengers, including the 4 employees, wouldn't have been going anywhere; those 4 employees would be forced to find another flight and that's what they should've done this time. So, it was simply a matter of making things convenient for themselves that United decided to randomly pick 4 people to kick off. I too would've refused to give up my seat in such a situation. If I'd paid and was already sitting in the seat, I'd absolutely refuse to be singled out and humiliated and inconvenienced so that the airline would not be inconvenienced. I hope a lot of heads roll for this. If this video had come out of some rotten, backwater, evil part of the world, we'd all smirk and say to ourselves that they were uncivilized savages and that we are so much better. Nothing like that would happen in "our" world. Well, look at how easily the notion of fairness, decency and regard for fellow human beings gets ditched and innocent people get their face smashed in while the compay C.E.O. praises the employees for a job well done. United Airlines makes me sick.

I think because basically other peoples felt that they were lucky not being chosen among the four so they didn't do anything . Yep.

This is 'America First' in the heads off all white & wealthy passengers. They prefer to make a video - at least it works as evidence.
The victim can be very thankful he isn't black! Or a bearded muslim!

I think because basically other peoples felt that they were lucky not being chosen among the four so they didn't do anything . Yep.

This is 'America First' in the heads off all white & wealthy passengers. They prefer to make a video - at least it works as evidence.
The victim can be very thankful he isn't black! Or a bearded muslim!

he is an immigrant from Vietnam , so that works just as well

Back