Ultrasonic fogger

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
A few people asked about my ultrasonic fogger/timer set up and I finally got some photos. Remarkably I had a difficult time capturing the fog but trust me when the wind blows and the fogger is working there's about a 10'x10'x2' cloud. :rollhappy:

PA111736.jpg

PA111734.jpg

PA111732.jpg

PA111731.jpg

NYEric,

Thanks for posting photos of your setup. I just got my fogger today, a much smaller one, and plan on setting up tomorrow. I don't have as large of an area so I have a single.

Playing around with it today I can see it is really going to make a difference. I will post a picture when I get it all set up.

Thanks again

Jay

I have a tray of water underneath a wire rack for mine. The tray was the humidity tray. The fog does increase the humidity rather quickly. I need to get a timer to try to even it out.

jay

The fogger and timer were bought off eBay. The fog generating unit is in the tray under the pleuros. it has 10 heads as opposed to the little single units, I hope that will keep it working longer than the single head units which corrode off the ceramic protection after a while. Set for 15 minutes running every 3 hours it goes through about a gallon a day so I pour in tap water [set out earlier to evap off the chlorine] to make up the loss. I set the timer starting at 11:45, 3:00, 6:00... to get the delay periods in. When the wind is blowing the fog rises out of the tray and covers at least the next tray over. I primarily use it to keep the pleuro's cool and the water displaced by the vibrations keeps some lepanthes moist.

I really really need to set up something like this.

About how long is the expected life of a single head unit? I think I have one of those lying about somewhere (together with the MistKing - all those "rainy day" projects....).

You can get 2-3 years out of them by cleaning the corrosion off w/ acid [white vinegar]. The timer is a digial unit which allows 8 settings; so 3,6,9,12,3,6,9,11:45. I'll try to dig up any paperwork.

Back