Tygerberg Orchid Group Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was hoping Faan would post some pictures but now I can’t resist any longer. In the past TOG has put on big shows and while this year’s show was smaller it was still spectacular walking into a hall literally packed with orchids!

tog0.jpg

This was the best Paph. I assume we all know its name...
tog1.jpg

Best in show: Pot. Haw Yuan Gold YK #2
tog2.jpg

I think this Phrag was robbed. This happens a lot over here… This Phrag Dick Clements grown by Roy and Erica Swart. The photo is with the flash on. The flower looks plastic so excellent was the substance and the colour was rich rich rich red like blood. It didn’t even get an award. I’m sure the judges had their reasons…
tog3.jpg

Iwanagaara Cape Orange.
tog4.jpg

An anceps hybrid… Coastal Sunrise I think.
tog5.jpg

Best Paph hybrid. I hope Faan can supply a name… But the best is yet to some…
tog6.jpg

A little Slc. Mahalo Jack 4N (best mini Catt). I can’t recall if the flash was on. It was pretty bright without the flash best I recall.
tog7.jpg

Slc. Kagaribi Dawn “Red Star”. The flash was on with this one.
tog8.jpg

Odcdm. Tiger Hambuhren “Mieke” x Oda Flower Carol Ann (best Oncid).
tog9.jpg

Cym. Miss Muffet. My word was this thing tiny! I love it.
tog10.jpg

This is World Venture x Greenstede x Redwick. Somewhere brackets are missing.
tog11.jpg
\

Missed this one’s name. I hate it when the plant label isn’t well displayed! i think this is the daddy of my avatar: Paph (Timbrel Herkules x Another World) x Simon. Faan will know...
tog12.jpg

We’ve seen this one before: Winston Promise.
tog13.jpg

How did this fellow lose to that Maudae hybrid up above? These masterianum hybrids are stunning! I want one. It is Via Quantal “Toffee Jones” x masterianum “Butterscotch”. Also grown by Roy and Erica Swart.
tog14.jpg

tt4n

:clap::clap:I would have enjoyed this show in person! Thanks for the post!
I think this Phrag was robbed. This happens a lot over here… This Phrag Dick Clements grown by Roy and Erica Swart. . The flower looks plastic so excellent was the substance and the colour was rich rich rich red like blood. It didn’t even get an award. I’m sure the judges had their reasons…
Is it a MDC? The shape looks nothing like mine or others I've seen.

Goldenrose, I suppose it is supposed to be MDC. I'm not expert. All I can say is that it was very red and quite big.

I'm reposting the other pics into this thread where all the replies are appearing (Moderators, please delete the other thread!).

This is a Leeanum.
tog15.jpg

So is this one…
tog16.jpg

Here is a bulldog for Roy in Australia: Noelle Claue “Picasy” by Roy and Erica Swart. It looks plastic. You can see the substance. Sadly, it isn’t very flat or round.
tog17.jpg

Paph Aladin. An oldie but a goodie.
tog18.jpg

Sl. Little Red Seagul. I don’t know, but I think that Mahalo Jack stole this one’s prize.
tog19.jpg

Paph (Winston Churchill x Kimura’s Red) x (Winston Churchill x Kimura’s Promise).
tog20.jpg

And here is another clone:
tog22.jpg

Looking for that perfect blue Catt?
tog21.jpg

And what is an orchid show without the sukhukli?
tog23.jpg

Paph Joanne’s Wine
tog24.jpg

Paph label hidden out of sight—one of those more mysterious hybrids.
tog25.jpg

tog26.jpg

Paph haynaldianum.
tog27.jpg

Soph. coccinea.
tog28.jpg

And more coccinea! Grown by Sheila Smith. However did that Mahalo Jack win?
tog31.jpg

No name Paph…
tog29.jpg

Paph Buckhurst x Mrs MB Miles “Paradise Beauty” grown by the Swarts.
tog30.jpg

I think this Wilsonaria Hildra Plumtree
tog32.jpg

More bulldogs…
tog33.jpg

(Winston Churchill x Kimura’s Red) x (Lovely Land x Lovely Yard)
tog34.jpg

This one was actually a NOID. How sad.
tog35.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the show.

Remember! The best time to visit South Africa is September. The TOG show is the first weekend. The Duckett show and Darling wild flower show is the second weekend. The COS show is normally the third. The forth weekend you can take a hike up onto one of the mountains and see the wild orchids.

tt4n

Wow,Thanks for these pics!!! But esp. for the Aladin! I do have one plant tagged Aladin:)! Hope it will be that nice! Jean

Latest posts

Back