Two Paph. sukhakulii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last summer I bought two Paph. sukhakulii and meanwhile one flowered few weeks ago, the other is flowering at the moments.

07946_21.11.20_paph sukhakulii.jpg

07950_21.11.20_paph sukhakulii.jpg

This second plant shoudn't be just Paph. sukhakulii but Paph. sukhakulii f. aureum.....but unfortunately isn't. It's a nice flower but also a 'normal' P. sukhakulii. After I got for the second time a mislabeled plant from this vendor I will send an email with photos to him. We will see what happens ?

08165_22.01.03_paph sukhakulii.jpg

Both very pretty though! Good luck with a positive response from the vendor.
I keep looking at getting this species and then get tempted by other things instead - I must remedy that soon!

I wish you have luck with the vendor, anyway nice flowers, not the aureum expected but not bad at all

I like both of them and if the last one was the aureum I would jump for joy.
In your shoes I would unceasingly be seen jumping up and down in glee just because of the first flower!
And, Rudolf, the only way to buy an albinistic clone with some certainty is to purchase a flowering or a previously flowered clone. Otherwise, I'm under the impression that we have to accept, that we are talking part in the Great Genetic Lottery!

Jens, I got it from Schwerter Orchideenzucht and furthermore it was very inexpensive. 😀
I once bought a gigantifolium from Schwerter that came with a brown stain on the leaf, I sent them a photo and asked if I had to worry about whether it was some bacteria or fungus, and they very kindly told me that it was a damage in handling or transport and that the value of the plant was taken from me from the next order or they entered it. I told them that neither of them, because it seemed to me that if the plant was fine there was no reason, for me it was fine. but they paid me the money anyway. one point in their favor

Guru, the third will be true to its name.
It also happened to me many times.

In your shoes I would unceasingly be seen jumping up and down in glee just because of the first flower!
And, Rudolf, the only way to buy an albinistic clone with some certainty is to purchase a flowering or a previously flowered clone. Otherwise, I'm under the impression that we have to accept, that we are talking part in the Great Genetic Lottery!
You’re right, genetics is as unpredictable as nature

Of course, it will stay this way......but you meant the second one. First two photos show the same flower only from different perspectives.
Even better! Can you already see the colour of the second bud?

That was my first thought as well.

Latest posts

Back