Two "others"...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
Not inspired by slippers...like so many things I paint but "hide" from you guys. :) Different feel to both overall, but more similar in respect to technique than any would know unless they were watching me (and no one ever does, or ever will). As always, let me know if you're interesting in owning one of them--or even if you enjoyed seeing them, as that's still a motivating factor.

Laelia fournieri, 8" x 11", watercolor on 140Ib cold press paper

Laelia%20fournieri.jpg

Ponds with Water Lilies at the local gardens abound... Shot the references that inspired this on a really pleasant Saturday afternoon about a month ago:

White Water Lily IV, 11" x 16", watercolor on 140Ib cold press paper

whitewaterlilyIV.jpg

Both are lovely. I've been to your website many times admiring the work you have posted there. I have always considered myself a bit of an art snob and pretty much try to only have original art. One day I will have to ask you about prices. I would really like to see more of your work in person. Were you at the Northwest Orchid Society Show and Sale a few years ago? If so, we may have spoken. There was an artist there who I spoke with, but I wasn't even a member of the society then, but joined at that show, and didn't really pay as much attention to the art as I would have liked; I was so engrossed with the orchids.

Anyway...babbling.

I love your paintings.

Craig

Northwest Orchid Society Show? See, that sounds more like where I would have wanted to be… I’m pretty sure I was cloistered in my downtown Detroit apartment in front of my drawing board or computer though. (Actually, I miss that apartment a lot—it’s more than likely the first and last Mies van der Rohe creation I will ever live in.) I’m pleased you like my work though, Craig. At the risk of sounding full of myself, the work is always nicer in person—I hear that a lot from patrons, too. I will take artwork back if people don’t love it, though that’s only happened once—a woman had purchased a Cymbidium-inspired piece without showing her husband first, and he declared the deep greens in it unsightly…I was more amused than insulted.

Thanks to all for their kind comments. The little Laelia itself (er, Hoffmansegella) is unbelievably cute in person—fits in the palm of my hand.

Eric, yeah, it's a nice feeling when one can actually do that--doesn't happen too often here either, but the enjoyment one derives from the impulse buy is underrated (perhaps only to be exceeded by not being broke). Sometimes I contemplate orchid purchases for years--nurseries sell out, grow more up, the process repeats...I finally commit...

Latest posts

Back