Two only seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Hi all, it has been mentioned that a member frequented Antec for Paphs. Since one nursery closed down over here, Antec plants are hard to obtain.
I purchased a nuber of their plants over the years and I would like to share them with you.
I was able to purchase only two plants of this cross, reason unknown to me why I couldnt buy more. Anyway, One is pictured in my Avatar and the other is here.
The cross is, Tuxedo Junction x Red Glory.
Hopefully Bob might register the cross soon, or someone may. I think the two I have aren't too bad at all.
Roy

Attachments

• th_MidnightSpecial[1].jpg
    th_MidnightSpecial[1].jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 62
Hi Eric, the 2 plants when purchased were in 50mm pots with a leaf span of 90mm. They were/are very slow growing. They are now 150mm in leaf span and making up nice new growth, hopefully flower again.
Flowering of the first lead really slowed them up too.
They cost A$15.00 each. The lack of supply may have been due to quantities in the flask on import.
Roy.
Both flowers measured about 120mm O/A.

Roy

Roy said:
Hi Eric, the 2 plants when purchased were in 50mm [2"] pots with a leaf span of 90mm[3-1/2"] . They were/are very slow growing. They are now 150mm [6"] in leaf span and making up nice new growth, hopefully flower again.
Flowering of the first lead really slowed them up too.
They cost A$15.00 each. The lack of supply may have been due to quantities in the flask on import.
Roy.
Both flowers measured about 120mm [4-3/4"] O/A.

Roy
Translation: :poke: Now I know why the U.S. government is changing its decision to go metric. :crazy: I thought you were selling the plants. Antec stuff is extremely difficult to get here now also. Once in a while a few show up on eBay. You got a good deal on the price, especially w/ the exchange rate.

Eric, I wish I had the Nursery that I bought the plants from. They had thousand of Paphs and everything else too. I believe that most of their Paph stocks were puchased in Flask for from Antec, Orchid zone, Taiwan & Vietnam?
They always seemed to be getting shippments from O/seas. I think the major problem is that having so much stuff they cannot be given adeqyate cultural conditions to grow properly from the flask and this tells greatly in the long run. I re measured the leads that flowered of the two plants, one is 9in L/s (230 mm ) the other is the size quoted ( I need glasses) (or clean them)
Roy.

Latest posts

Back