Two noids in a pot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myxodex

Reaction score
I bought two noids recently ... after I'd thought I'd given up this habit. It was at a local garden center and they had a few paphs going really cheap.
One pot contained two obviously different plants ... the one in bloom was this, shot 2 days before the flower collapsed ...
noid51qy5.jpg

It was the mystery of the other plant in bud that got me however ...
twonoidsinapotfa1.jpg

which bloomed out to this ...
vininoideo4.jpg

The only problem I have with this flower are those lumps of "congealed blood" on the petals in place of spots. These obviously take up space in the bud and cause dents on either side of the dorsal and the pouch. The flower is glossy
and for me this was difficult to photograph.
Cheers,
Tim

Can't beat either one, especially when the price is right! Some may think the vini doesn't have enough warts.

The first looks like it could be Makuli, or some similar hybrid with some sukhakulii in the background. The other could be one out of 1000's of vini hybrids, but the coalescing of warts on vini petals is characteristic of the breeding....it comes with the territory. When excessive, it can deform the petals, but when just right its very attractive. You's is great, by the way....Eric

so hard to tell with mauds, they have been breed so many different ways. Very pretty though.

Latest posts

Back