Two longifoliums; a comparison

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I pick up this plant ten yrs ago. It's a sib cross of Wolf River clone and Jealousy. Phrag hinksianum, some call it Phrag longifolium v. hinksianum

Phicksianum.jpg

The second pic is of my longifolium(right) from OZ some yrs ago with the hinksianum( down and left).

PlongifoliumCC.jpg

The third pic is of my longifolium(left) with the hinksianum(right). It's not easy to tell but the longifolium overall is larger then hinksianum. The plant is bigger, the spike is thicker and flower is slightly larger as well. (the longifolium is setting back further from the hinksianum giving the illusion of same size)

twolongifoliums1.jpg

As you can see, the hinksianum has been blooming for quit some time. While longifolium is blooming for the first time.

Thanks for the comparison shots! It is hard to tell by the pics of any size difference but we'll take your words for it!

OK, both flowers fell off so I can now photo them next to each other. Can you see the size difference? P hinksianum is on the left.

hinkslongflowersonly.jpg

Latest posts

Back