Two from NEW OS show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

li'l frog

Reaction score
Two new awards granted today in Neenah, Wi

Phrag Fritz Schomburg 'Sunprarie' AM 82
Paph Wossner China Moon 'Sunprarie' Hcc 75

Attachments

• P3030057.JPG
    P3030057.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 74
  • P3030059.JPG
    P3030059.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 76
Well, I expect that Paph will be upgraded soon. The ripple in the petal and the dent in the pouch take a lot away from what is otherwise, a spectacular flower. Those flaws could disappear on the next blooming.

That Phrag is awesome! 'Hope the owner uses it in breeding!

Name

Is the name Sunprarie ??

Or should be Sunprairie == as in a short-grass prairie

I wouldn't be able to eliminate on or the other, therefore I'll take both! :p
Is the name Sunprarie ??
Or should be Sunprairie == as in a short-grass prairie
Good catch on the spelling! Does make one wonder. There is a town n.e. of Madison - Sun Prairie, my thought was the exhibitor lived there.

In Wisconsin, but neither of those cities. It's just a signature clonal name.

The flowers were impressive, easy to spot in the displays, even during setup. Fritz is slightly more orange than the pic shows, more of a salmon color; but with a beautiful shape.

I was at Bil's house a couple days before the show, it was a gorgeous Fritz Schomburg. :clap: Bil is one heck of a good grower. He raises a lot of Phals, and Paphs, he only has a few Phrags, but he does them well. Bil is an under lights grower. And the Wossner China Moon belonged to Bil too.
About the clone name, Bil's personal signature is non-standard spelling for a number of words, including his first name.

Here is a shot of the Fritz Schomburg, in Bil's growing room, this photo is at the home of its owner.

FritzSchomburg-March2012.jpg

Here is a picture of Bil Nelson too, with this Fritz Schomburg.

bil-Nelson2012.jpg

Last edited:
Back