Two for the price of one!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brabantia

Reaction score
paphmessinesnm2.jpg

paphargusna1.jpg

paphargusxglaucophylumpd5.jpg

Here is what I bought on a flower market last Sunday. I think that the Paph. of left is an hybrid of paph. sukhakulii and that of right a hybrid of liemianum x sukhakuli.I looked on Google Pictures to find a photo of this last one, I found nothing, does it exist? What do you propose me as identifications? Thank you in advance for your help.

The liemianum x sukhakulii is very nice...I especially like the pouch.

The RHS doesn't list a grex name for this hybrid on their website, so it could be that it hasn't been named yet.

I thank you all for your compliments. Could you please give me your opinion about my suspicions concerning their identities.

These must be going around at the moment, I bought one (er, two) a couple of weeks ago at the local garden centre...

I really like the one that you think is liemianum x sukhakuli - really nice colour!

These are the two that came in mine:

Yup, seems to be a fairly common occurrence in Europe. I bought these last summer from the local garden centre. Also two in one pot. Typically the were facing in opposite directions so I had to rotate the pot every couple of days :D

PaphNOIDBrown.jpg

PaphNOIDSpots.jpg

I thank you all for your compliments. Could you please give me your opinion about my suspicions concerning their identities.

The second flower looks like it has hookerae or volonteanaum X a cochlo. I don't think there is any sukhakulii at all:(

In answer to what you should identify these as, there is only one ethical answer - "Paphiopedilum hybrid unknown" - no matter how sure you may think you are at guessing their identity.

Latest posts

Back