Two clones of helenae and maliopense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since few weeks P. helenae blooms have been shown here and I won't miss it to show photos of mine two different helenae clones.
At first a common P. helenae

paph_helenae.jpg

paph_helenae_1.jpg

paph_helenae_2.jpg

This is a pale greenish / yellowish clon, the older the blooms get the closer they will come to P. helenae aureum, but it isn't one. Tis year it flowered abundantly with four blooms - I'm very pleased with this little gem.

paph_helenae_pale_12.jpg

paph_helenae_pale_12_1.jpg

I took these photos of P. malipoense in spring already, maybe you will notice the different light. So far there wasn't really time to show them here.

paph_malipoense.jpg

paph_malipoense_1.jpg

paph_malipoense_2.jpg

Great pictures!!

It's pretty cool that a few years ago only a handful of helenae pics were being posted (and just about all from Europe).

This year there is a burst of helenae from all over, and very beautiful in their diversity.

Love the yellow one too :)
Great growing!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Great pictures!!

It's pretty cool that a few years ago only a handful of helenae pics were being posted (and just about all from Europe).

This year there is a burst of helenae from all over, and very beautiful in their diversity.

What Rick said!! :clap:

Nice flowers
is tis seramis they growing in
They grow in a potting medium of a mixture of broken expanded clay (LECA) and Seramis.
I was experimenting for some years with different potting mediums based on inorganic compounds. I figured this one out eventually and so far I'm quite pleased with it.

Latest posts

Back