Tuberolabium kotoense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Been playing with the camera's settings now that I've found a good website on it and used this plant as practice. I've still got a lot more to learn, but I think these are a vast improvment on what I normally take with the Canon.

This plant used to be very unhappy with me when I got it, and after pulling it out of the bark it came in I noticed it had no roots. I repotted it into Prime Agra in an Air Cone pot and crossed my fingers thinking it was a lost cause. Sure enough, it lived off the humidity long enough to send out a vast root system and the new leaves look like they're supposed to!

This plant has one thing going for it that makes me think everyone should have one, THE SCENT! I don't know how to describe it, but it is on par with Neofinetia. It is a smell I've smelled before, and brings back a memory of when I was very young and at an old department store. I am thinking it was a lip balm or candy of some type and have been dying to know what it was!! If you can place the scent, please tell me...it's been driving me nuts since the last time it bloomed.

(For size reference, it is in a 3" Air Cone pot)
127_2783.jpg

127_2769.jpg

127_2787.jpg

127_2778.jpg

Jon

The plant and the pictures are good. A little dark, but very crisp.

Whats the website that has helped you improve your picture taking and what model of Canon do you have?

Kyle

That is a beauty, and well flowered.

Photos look good. You might try a little more depth of field on the close ups. With a tripod, that shouldn't be a problem.

I've always wanted to try and cross this with Sediera japonica... I have a feeling it will work! Nice plant.

looks good Jon....bring that camera to the Christmas party. I need to get a new Canon SLR to replace my Canon A2 (film)

Latest posts

Back