Troy Meyers website - need help

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got a besseae flavum pod that seems to be growing, so I'd like to send it to Troy Meyers. But for the life of me I can't find whatever page on his site I need to be on to register it. Could someone post it here?

Thanks,
--Stephen

Stephen, I think you are looking for the page where you can add the crossing info etc. You probably have to send an email. If you haven't sent seeds before, the access to this page is not enabled. Once he enables it, you'll see "Your Records" link just above the log-out link when you go to Flasking Home Page.

you need to register, then you can go to the submissions page and fill in details like when pollinated, name of cultivars, when seed harvested etc. Can't do this until you register yourself

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Good luck with email. That guy(s) is incredibly rude and unresponsive on all levels. Quite unprofessional in my experience.

Stephen, I think you are looking for the page where you can add the crossing info etc. You probably have to send an email. If you haven't sent seeds before, the access to this page is not enabled. Once he enables it, you'll see "Your Records" link just above the log-out link when you go to Flasking Home Page.

Thanks! I will send him an e-mail and see what happens.

Good luck with email. That guy(s) is incredibly rude and unresponsive on all levels. Quite unprofessional in my experience.

I have not had any bad experience dealing with Troy. In fact, tonight I received an email from him apologizing for not responding sooner. He said he's been overwhelmed with emails, so Stephen, be prepared.

He got back to me right away and was very helpful. Cross is registered - hoping for the best with capsule development and germination.

I have not had any bad experience dealing with Troy. In fact, tonight I received an email from him apologizing for not responding sooner. He said he's been overwhelmed with emails, so Stephen, be prepared.

He agreed to host my old Horticulture class and when it came down to it he ignored emails/phone calls and completely blew my professor off. A few of us followed up and he ignored us as well.

Just my experience.

it is strange Troy Meyer does not list his email on the website,
does anyone know the email.
the Contact us does not contain an email

you need to register, then you can go to the submissions page and fill in details like when pollinated, name of cultivars, when seed harvested etc. Can't do this until you register yourself

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

do you or anyone know where the submissions page is?
I want to share the pod of a dendrobium species that currently not available in the US, so everyone would have the chance to have and grow this species.
I did register, and since I don't know how and where to submit the information, I even send a separate email to Troy with photos of the flowers, the date of pollinate etc..
No answer from him for 4 days already.

Once you log in you can click the button ‘your records’ and then can make new records and check out and edit old ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is no button &lsquo , your record&rsquo
in the page "You Are Logged In "

a5c370fa6c524ebb15b9e66efc610fad.jpg

Third button down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very strange,

I think you mean the button "your record"
when I log in,
-there are only 4 buttons on that column , no"your record" button
-the whole page does not show 5 buttons with that button in the middle such as what you showing me.

By default, "Your Records" page is not displayed. You have to email Troy that you are interested in sending seeds, and then he will enable the button.

By default, "Your Records" page is not displayed. You have to email Troy that you are interested in sending seeds, and then he will enable the button.
oh wow ,
thanks,
so complicate setting,
I just want to harvest and donate the pod green,
because i have no idea when the thing will split (I could be away)
It would be a big waste for everyone who collect dendrobium species not to have a chance to get plants of this species
(so far no breeder/nursery in the US carry it yet)
I email him , but there is no reply so far.

Latest posts

Back