Tropical medley...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
This is just one of my random drawings that feature 'other plants', which i do quite rarely, cos 'other' plants are not as interesting as orchids... :D but when combined like this, i think its quite ok... :) In the picture: nepenthes, hoya, phanera, strelitzia, some ferns, spathoglottis, passiflora and bulb medusae... oops.! did manage to fit in a paph barbatum as well... :p

tropicalmedley.jpg

:clap: Couldn't remember if I'd expressed proper awe yet at your drawings, so I've gotta give you props. I don't have the time I'd like anymore, but I've got a few drawings of mine I really like, to post if I get over being humbled by yours:eek: Haha. I've always been told I have 'improper' technique b/c I start with all of the very small, most precise details first, but my thought is, if you can't get the eyes right (or staminode or pouch opening, whatever), why go through the effort of drawing the rest of the person? How do you go about attacking your drawings? Start in with the roots/leaves/background, or just go straight for the flower? Maybe there's nothing wrong w/ my method and my art teacher just didn't like me...o wait, she really didn't!:rollhappy:

I really like what you are doing at the very bottom: the very light drawings int the background give depth to that area.

Miss Paphiopedilum... i am also like you... its ok... I start with the flower first.. with paphs, I always start with the slipper, staminode, then move on to the petals, dorsal and the plant... I know that in art classes, they teach you to get the 'outline' of the whole 'thing' first and add details later, but i think by that way, its rather difficult to obtain the correct proportion of the individual parts later on... please do post your pictures too... :)

Latest posts

Back