Triploid Fritz comparisons

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A second triploid Fritz has finally matured and thrown a stiff spike with two branches. The cross is kovachii ‘Tesoro Morado’ x besseae ‘rob’s choice’. Unfortunately the flower quality is nowhere near as good as the other one I posted recently. The flowers are just 9cm across and have a pronounced mid rib running down each petal. The only good thing is that it could carry multiple blooms with the two branches. I doubt that there is any room for improvement in this clone.
F110CB33-CE31-48DA-BB77-5F078FB710F7.jpeg
here it is with the recent triploid Fritz which has a 12 cm flower and one branch. The only difference between the two is that the kovachii parent in this case was the clone terminator. I have a third triploid, a full sister to this small flowered clone that has flowers very close to the terminator plant so what we see is just random genetic variability and the luck of the draw. So two out of three ain’t bad.
2FBDF399-CFE2-4A2F-9A29-16BBFDEF9D42.jpeg
David

Thanks for posting the comparison, really cool to see the variability! The plants are beautifully grown, and the bigger one is really special, congrats!

Thanks guys, I think that this is about as good as a Fritz gets unless it is tetraploid.
Angela, JFs are notorious for being slow growers. Much patience is required for their culture!

Latest posts

Back