Triplets!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
My first time blooming Magic Lantern that finished its bloom in January has surprised me with three new growths! :)
This plant is expected to grow into a nice little clump very fast.
No special additives were given to the plant. Just a strong willing plant.

iSYcB9Cl.jpg

0r3OF5Rl.jpg

I have mixed feelings with multi growth. I have a few of them, one is an ML. It has three growth and it took two years to mature one growth, while the two are just lagging behind. I been thinking maybe I should increase the feeding for the three growth. This ML is flowering now with two buds and the first looks like it will be a smaller flower.
Hoping your experience will be different and share to us your remedy.

I have mixed feelings with multi growth. I have a few of them, one is an ML. It has three growth and it took two years to mature one growth, while the two are just lagging behind. I been thinking maybe I should increase the feeding for the three growth. This ML is flowering now with two buds and the first looks like it will be a smaller flower.
Hoping your experience will be different and share to us your remedy.

I have had paphs that broke out two new growths instead of all the common one where one of the two would not develop further.
On the other hand, other paphs I've had had multiple growths at a time and all of them grew on.

So far, all three new growths on this Magic Lantern have been equally developing, which is great!
My other ML took three blooming (three years) before breaking out two growths at a time. Now, it has six new growths at the same time.
I think this younger ML might easily outpace it if its current growing pattern holds in the future.

Latest posts

Back