Trio of malipoense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy updates:
The spike & bud on that one plant has been developing along as it should. The tiny petals & pouch started to form since about two weeks ago.
4632CEFE-C755-425A-AFFF-B15E2E95366B.jpeg
Even more exciting, this morning I spotted an emerging spike on my largest plant. Very odd timing for the species. I’m curious if this will take much shorter than usual and bloom before the summer, or take many months to bloom near the end of the year.

F920385F-D470-4DF1-A6B1-0D3EF6D18EF0.jpeg

Happy updates:
The spike & bud on that one plant has been developing along as it should. The tiny petals & pouch started to form since about two weeks ago.
View attachment 38591
Even more exciting, this morning I spotted an emerging spike on my largest plant. Very odd timing for the species. I’m curious if this will take much shorter than usual and bloom before the summer, or take many months to bloom near the end of the year.

View attachment 38592
Very well grown. 👏 Love the plant and now the flower.

Thank you! I would need all the luck in the world.
It better bloom so I can decide whether or not to pitch it after all these years as a big seedling. 😂

Aw I sure hope you don’t pitch such a gorgeous plant that’s going its best first time for ya.
Space is at a premium here. While I do like the leaves on certain plants like malipoense being one of them, I can't waste my time, energy and space for something that doesn't fit my taste. It should open in March with its current speed. So, I'll find out soon.
I only keep good first bloomer or those with some kind of hope. I don't believe in huge changes in flower quality. It does happen but rarely does. Not worth it most of the time.

Space is at a premium here. While I do like the leaves on certain plants like malipoense being one of them, I can't waste my time, energy and space for something that doesn't fit my taste. It should open in March with its current speed. So, I'll find out soon.
I only keep good first bloomer or those with some kind of hope. I don't believe in huge changes in flower quality. It does happen but rarely does. Not worth it most of the time.
Aw ok. You’re tough. I love it for those leaves. It would be enough for me.

In the hands of a good grower, like you, the chances of a big change in flower quality from the first bloom to the second are mostly related to how long you've had to work your magic before it spikes.

In the hands of a good grower, like you, the chances of a big change in flower quality from the first bloom to the second are mostly related to how long you've had to work your magic before it spikes.
Well, maybe pouring in some human blood might make a difference? 😜

One month has passed.
The bud still is still slowly opening, so no photo of that.
The giant has risen quite a bit with a bud visible already. I’m afraid this might grow faster than usual and give me a smaller flower this year. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Time will tell.
D10652F0-F1FE-4B0E-9CCA-B8D05934FFBF.jpeg

Latest posts

Back