Trio of Cycnoches cooperi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely, very impressive flowers and yes...the darker the more impressive.....but I think you are aware of you will need much bigger pots very soon. 👍;)

Lovely, very impressive flowers and yes...the darker the more impressive.....but I think you are aware of you will need much bigger pots very soon. 👍;)
I love these! Cycnoches rarely grow into big specimens the same way as Catasetums or Clowesia because older growths on Cycnoches typically die down in just 2-3 years time, or sometimes even sooner than that. But I sure do hope some of my Cycnoches will grow a lot taller than they are now over time. These can randomly get very tall and start producing crazy amount of flowers per spike. Only time will tell. :)

How lovely, I also got one of these, but mine was pretty small and did not bloom. The last picture appears to have all three plants in bloom? I'm not partial to darker or lighter for color, I think each one is amazing. Congratulations!

Oh and awesome photos by the way!!

Last edited:
How lovely, I also got one of these, but mine was pretty small and did not bloom. The last picture appears to have all three plants in bloom? I'm not partial to darker or lighter for color, I think each one is amazing. Congratulations!

Oh and awesome photos by the way!!

Thank you!
Yours should bloom next year for sure. Only one of these three grew quite tall for a first time bloomer and the other two are barely 5-6inch tall. The plant on the left in the last picture is a hybrid of Jumbo Cooper x Swan Cascade. So, it has a lot of cooperi in it. The shape of the shield is a dead giveaway.

I love this species alot and it flowers every year. They can produce over 30 flowers on a single spke!

These are all first time blooming seedlings with 7-9 flowers per spike. And all three of them had more buds but they all dried up.
I'm looking forward to next year's performance for sure! 30+flowers would be quite the show but I would be very excited to have just over 20 per spike. :)

Latest posts

Back