Trichopilia marginata and kefora Alice Marlow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a few new things flowering. I had another really nice trichopilia marginata in flower a week ago, but a bush snail discovered the bud before I did! :fight:
Here is my older one from Rice's Orchids

tmarginata.JPG

I really like the color which is solid even on the petals and sepals
I repotted some of my trichopilias recently and they have responded by flowering! Have to remember to do that more often....

kalicemarlow.JPG

Kefora Alice Marlow flowers a few times a year and is a little unusual, but has no fragrance at all. Cross made by Marlow's Orchids

very nice Trichopilia, but I do not know the second genus. As the Web doesn't either I looked for Alice Marlow and found it !! ==> Keferollea Alice Marlow = Kefersteinia tolimensis and Bollea equadoriana

Jean

Yes, I had Keferollea on the plant tag when I got it, but our orchid registrar changed the name when it was entered into the southern tier orchid society show to kefora. I haven't heard which plant name was changed necessitating this particular change...
edit - I guess the name was keforea though I don't know if it or keforellea is the right name!

Last edited:
Back