Trias discoflora

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I posted a closeup of a single flower last time, and then it produced almost a dozen buds. Here's a pic showing about 7 buds open. It has a smell in the morning that's kinda like watermelon, but spicy.

I was just looking at that on the net this morning. It looked interesting. Do you grow it the same as other bulbos? I have started with a few, but find a lot of conflicting info about lighting. All the way from 500-1,500 to 3,000-4,000. I spent a lot of time this weekend searching different sites and now I don't know what to believe.

I have had mine under 4 48" T-5 bulbs and they are doing OK. Some have been there 2 months. Would it be better to move them to a tray with T-8 bulbs. I want to do the right thing with them....I'm just not sure WHAT IS the right thing. I need help from someone who has had experience with them. PLEASE, HELP WITH LIGHTING SUGGESTIONS.:confused::confused::confused:

I was just looking at that on the net this morning. It looked interesting. Do you grow it the same as other bulbos? I have started with a few, but find a lot of conflicting info about lighting. All the way from 500-1,500 to 3,000-4,000. I spent a lot of time this weekend searching different sites and now I don't know what to believe.

I have had mine under 4 48" T-5 bulbs and they are doing OK. Some have been there 2 months. Would it be better to move them to a tray with T-8 bulbs. I want to do the right thing with them....I'm just not sure WHAT IS the right thing. I need help from someone who has had experience with them. PLEASE, HELP WITH LIGHTING SUGGESTIONS.:confused::confused::confused:

This plant is near the back of the gh and is hanging under a bunch of other bulbos. So its not bright (<2000 fc most of the time), But it grows and flowers toward the light and could probably take brighter. It really likes high humidity. Since I added the swamp cooler its producing leaves 50% longer than those produced the last couple years.

Latest posts

Back