translation help - from German

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently got an article of Pfitzer's from 1889 and I assume it has a title. I just have no idea what it is. If someone could tell me which line it is and what it says, I would be grateful. Here is the title page:

Pfitzer1889.jpg

--Stephen

Stephen,

This looks like a flyer or something... it's for an academic lecture for a birthday party :)

The very top line of the thing seems to be the title, or at least the subject of the lecture (loosely translated):

"On the different relationships of outside forces to the organization of plants"

- Matt

Below that, I'm a little hazy on a couple of the terms....

It says:

Academic Lecture

for the birthday party of the (? honorable? hoch means high... maybe royal?) Duke

Karl Friedrich

on the 22nd of November, 1889

at the presentation of the anual report and the ? knowledge ? of academic ?price

salaries?

[yeah, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either... I must be missing something... maybe this has something to do with the presentation of an academic chair?]

of Dr. Ernst Pfitzer,

Anyway, to get any better than that, I'll have to pull out my German-English dictionary. Or you can try your luck with one of those online translators, they're rarely accurate, but usually useful.

Matt

Thanks much! I'll put that down on my list of German articles 'not to bother trying to understand because they don't relate to slippers and I suck at languages.'

--Stephen

Latest posts

Back